Low Adherent Dressing (Highly Absorbent)
Melolin* Non Adherent Dressings (Highly Absorbent)
Melolin consists of a highly absorbent cotton and acrylic fibre pad which is heat bonded on one side to a very thin perforated polyester film. The film side of the dressing is placed next to the wound.
Melolin consists of three layers
1 Non adherent perforated film
2 Highly absorbent cotton/acrylic pad
3 Hydrophobic backing layer
Non adherent perforated film
- Allows for rapid drainage of exudate, reducing trauma to healing tissue.
Highly absorbent cotton/acrylic pad
- Cushions and Protects
- Comfortable and minimises pain on removal
Easy to cut to shape
- Retains its integrity when cut.
Safe in use
- Inert and non-sensitising
Delays time to strike through
- Significant improvement in terms of strike through, therefore requiring fewer dressing changes.
Melolin is suitable for post-operative and casualty use, in particular for:
- Clean and sutured wounds
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Minor burns
Contraindications / Precautions
Change dressing daily or more often according to the condition of the wound.
Seek medical advice immediately for all serious wounds and burns, or if redness or discomfort occurs.
|66974940||5cm x 5cm x 100 dressings|
|66974941||10cm x 10cm x 100 dressings|