A mobility scooter is an electric vehicle and mobility aid for people who have trouble walking or getting around.
Mobility scooter are typically categorised into the following categories:
- 3 wheel mobility scooters
- 4 wheel mobility scooters
- Folding/travel mobility scooters
- Heavy-duty mobility scooters
To maximise the lifespan of your mobility scooter, it is important to store your mobility scooter in the right environment and check it regularly.
Keep your mobility scooter in a clean and dry area
If you are unable to store your mobility scooter indoors, you must cover it with a waterproof scooter cover.
Ensure your storage area has access to a plug socket
You will need to charge your mobility scooter after every use, so it is imperative that your chosen storage location has an accessible plug socket.
- The battery needs to be fully charged before its first use
- Charge your mobility scooter’s battery after every use
Charge your battery occasionally when it is not in use
If the battery is not used, it will decay more rapidly, so keeping it topped up is the best way to keep it functional.
- Only use chargers that are supplied with your scooter
Wheels and Tyres
- Check your tyres for wear and tear regularly
- Check tyre pressure regularly
Check your mobility scooter’s brakes before every trip
You should be able to brake gently and be able to perform emergency stops.
Lights and Indicators
- Check your lights and indicators for any damage or fault
Servicing and Maintenance
- Get your mobility scooter serviced annually
Our team provide services and repairs for mobility scooters. Need some advice or help? Contact our team today at 📞 +65 6254 4070