1. Provide trunk stability and balance
2. Promoting pelvic stability and pressure redistribution to minimize peak pressures
3. Decrease the likelihood of/or progression of postural abnormalities
4. Decrease pain and increase sitting tolerance
5. Promote optimal function, safety, and independence
Below are the steps on how to choose the wheelchair backrest.
Step Two: Level of Support
Identify the proper level of support the client will need to sit properly and function as independently as possible.
Step Three: Back Support Height
Determine the proper height of the back support.
Step Four: Back Width
Take the measurements of the widest part of the back to determine the proper wheelchair back width.
Step Five: Accessories & Additional Supports
Determine if the client needs additional equipment like headrests and lateral thoracic supports to best support him/her.
Click here for back system products.
We specialise in seating & positioning for persons with special needs. Contact us for a free assessment.
📞 +65 6254 4070
Sunrise Medical - Jay J3 Ordering Guide
Permobil - The benefits of a solid back for everyday wheelchair users